Prescribed application form is to be submitted to issue halal certificate for the product or services fell in relative category. There are four types of categories for halal certification 1) Industries and manufacturers, 2) Abattoirs, 3) Food outlet /handler & 4) Service provider (Link to definition)
- All documents and form submitted by the applicant are scrutinized and checked after receiving of application at HCFI. When the documents are complete as per instruction and explanations given on the form then it is moved to next stage for confirmation of agreement and process fess, if it is found incomplete then the application will be returned.
- After reconfirming the processing fees and terms of agreement then it comes for study of details and information supplied with form. The study of given details and attached documents is carried out by the technical and shariah members. Evaluate the product, manufacturing details, ingredients used, study the base of ingredient, manufacturing process, machinery, storing, warehouse, packaging , transportation, halal services, etc., If the information and details found in halal compliance then it moves to auditor and if found any objectionable or found apparently contaminated with haram ingredients or haram base or otherwise then the application is rejected.
- When the application is moved to auditor then a team of minimum one technical person and one shariah member is sent to the halal operating place (industry, factory, hotel, restaurant/ warehouse/ as the case may be) to inspect all the halal compliance and collect the samples. The auditor prepare preliminary ‘Halal audit report’ The auditors team if find anything against the sharai mostly in process, machinery, utensils, storage, etc., then the application is rejected.
- When the auditors team satisfied by physical inspection and decide to deserve for next process then they submit a detail report and samples collected to Scientific Research & Development wing (R& D) for scientific analysis, examinations and laboratory testing. After scientific examinations the R & D team sends the reports to the board of shariah.
- The board of shariah and in coordination to R & D in their specialization make speaking order pursuing on the reports send the by the R & D wing for approval of form for halal certification or rejection. If they find all the compliance in terms of shariah are fulfilled and satisfied with it then they approves the application and issue the halal certification for one year. After one year the applicant should renew the halal certificate if they need for next term.
- The HCFI conduct post certificate supervising in midterm of certificate period as per agreement to monitor the production, process, storage, packaging i.e. halal operation till the period of expiry of certificate. The HCFI conduct unexpected inspections and collect samples during certificate period follow the above said process to check the halal compliance.
- The collected samples are sent to R & D wing for testing and examinations. The report of unexpected midterm inspection from R & D wing moved to the board to shariah. The both teams evaluating the reports of inspection R & D wing may cancel the certificate if they find failure in halal compliance otherwise the certificate let be continued. They maintain the details of such inspection and entire reports in respect midterm inspections in monitoring of halal compliance.